School of Science (SSCI)
The School of Science comprises four academic units, covering Life Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. To obtain Bachelor of Science, HKUST Students learn through lectures and lab work; capstone projects and language courses that are integrated into the curriculum of each major program.
Most Bachelor’s degree programs offer different study tracks and students may take double majors or a major and a minor. Meanwhile, the International Research Enrichment (IRE) program is available to students interested in pursuing a research career in science. All IRE students are guaranteed international exchange and undergraduate research opportunities after their first or second year of study. Students from the School of Science can transfer from a regular science program into IRE after their first year of study.
- No. 25 in World Universities for Chemistry (QS World University Rankings 2015)
- No. 14 in Asian Universities for Natural Sciences (QS Asian University Rankings 2015)
- No. 15 in Asian Universities for Life Sciences and Medicine (QS Asian University Rankings 2015)
HKUST Students admitted into the School of Science (SSCI), upon completion of their first year of study, can either enroll in one of the following Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree programs described below, or seek admission to one of the interdisciplinary programs mentioned in Interdisciplinary Programs Office page. For international students who wish to study in HK, please head to International Qualifications Applicants page.
Apart from offering school-based admission, students can also choose to directly admit to the desired programs, which are Biotechnology and Business (BIBU), Mathematics and Economics (MAEC):
- BSc in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- BSc in Biological Science
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Biotechnology and Business
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Environmental Science
- BSc in Mathematics
- BSc in Mathematics and Economics
- BSc in Physics
Please visit the HKUST website of the School of Science (SSCI) for details on program curriculums.