- A place in the program will be reserved for you subject to your acceptance of offer and the payment of deposit fee. This applies to both applicants with firm offer and conditional offer.
- The paid deposit fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. It will be treated as part of the tuition fee for Fall 2020. The refund could be arranged only if a student fails to meet our admission condition(s).
- If you are unable to pay the deposit fee through the online application system by credit card, you may settle it via bank remittance. Please click here for detailed instructions.
- If you receive a conditional offer, please upload the supporting documents confirming your fulfillment of the conditions set in the offer letter right after the release of examination results.
- If you are requested to satisfy the University’s English Language Admissions Requirement, please refer to a list of the recognized English qualifications here.
- For documents in any language other than English or Chinese, please provide a translation of the document in English certified by your school or an approving authority.
- Please ensure that all supporting documents are appended with your application.
- It normally takes at least 6-8 weeks to process the visa application.
- Payment advice containing details of tuition fee and other fees will be sent to you together with the Program Registration Invitation email in July.
- The tuition fee is HKD 140,000 (non-local students) per academic year. Payment will be made in two equal installments before the commencement of the Fall and Spring Term respectively.
- Students with an admission scholarship from the University may visit here to see the arrangement regarding scholarship payment.
HKUST provides 10 residential halls with rooms ranging from single to triple occupancy managed by the University’s Student Housing and Residential Life Office (SHRLO). Please visit The Student Housing and Residential Life Office (SHRLO) website for more details on hall application information. Be aware to check the email issued by SHRLO and reply to the housing offer by the deadline.
Non-local students are normally required to arrive one to two weeks before the commencement of the term for registration and orientation. Our Office of Global Learning takes care of the arrival arrangement of non-local students. More details will be forthcoming from July onwards. Please visit the here for useful information to prepare your arrival and settlement in HKUST.
You are required to present the original copies of all academic documents that substantiate your qualifications on Registration day for our verification. Your scanned copies submitted to the online application system or as email attachment are for reference only. For details on which documents to bring, please click here.
The academic advising team of your School will contact you prior to the arrival for course pre-enrollment. You will be invited to attend the academic advising sessions in late August. Our academic advisors will give you the advice on course selection and credit transfer arrangements (if applicable).
For advanced credit arrangement, you may be granted up to 30 credits and complete your studies one year early. You could visit The Academic Records and Registration (ARR) website for more details.
The University and student societies will organize a series of orientation activities for new students before the start of the academic year. A New Student Orientation website is designed to help you make yourself at home in the University. Details will be available in June 2020.
Academic Contact Points
Join our Facebook Group and chat with current and soon to be HKUST students
Connect with your future classmates and seniors! Get prepared for university life! Our brilliant Student Ambassadors would be more than happy to share his/her experiences with you.
For those who would like to chat with Student Ambassadors from the School of Business and Management, you should join HKUST Business School: Class of 2024 where a group of current students are always ready to help with their personal experience about coming to HKUST Business School. You will also receive separate email with more details from the School very soon.
Commencement of Fall TermSeptember 7th, 2020
End of Fall TermDecember 22nd, 2020
Start of Winter TermJanuary 4th, 2021
End of Winter TermJanuary 30th, 2021
Start of Spring TermFebruary 1st, 2021
End of Spring TermMay 28th, 2021
Start of Summer TermJune 21st, 2021
End of Summer TermAugust 14th, 2021