For local applicants who are holders of Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards and have the right of abode or right to land in Hong Kong.

For applicants applying with international qualifications/ or post-secondary qualifications, who require a student visa issued by the Hong Kong Immigration department to study in Hong Kong.

For applicants taking 2015 Mainland Joint Entrance Examination (Gao Kao)

Taiwan and Macau residents / Mainland residents with overseas or post-secondary qualifications - please click International

HK residents taking Joint Entrance Examination for HK, Macau and Taiwan students - please click Local

For undergraduate students who are currently studying in our partner institutions and are interested in coming to HKUST for an exchange program of one or two semesters.

For undergraduate students from institutions outside Hong Kong to study at HKUST on a short-term basis